Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 1 - On My Own

My Adventure shoes and I have arrived in Post Falls, Idaho which is where I will be for a few days with my grandparents before heading to Lewiston! The goodbyes have been hard. All of them. Amanda and I had a going away party last week. It was the last time my "Tennessee Family" was all going to be together for a while. We spent time just being together, and our families prayed over us. It was so sweet. Yesterday's goodbyes were hard too. Mom, Dad, my brothers, and David all came to the airport to send me off. I headed through security and that is when it hit me. For the first time in my life, I was completely on my own. I was heading off on a plane to go on an adventure in which I would not have my immediate family, or David, or Nashville First. That was so scary. A huge part of me is so excited for this new adventure, but a tiny part of me wants to go back to being a kid.
Both of my flights were good. I got a window seat both flights! However on my flight to Denver I sat next to a very large man who took up all of his seat, and most of mine, so that was just a party.
I am so thankful to get to spend a few days with Grandma and Grandpa. It is fun to get some quality time with them. I head out Saturday morning for Lewiston! I can't wait. I am headed to a place where I already feel so loved.
Thank you all for your prayers over the last few months and especially the last couple days! It has been wonderful knowing I am covered in prayer back at home. I love you and miss you all!!
Going Away Party with the Parkers, Joneses, Christiansons and Wades.

Saying Goodbye at the Airport

Goodbye to my favorite guy

My Adventure Shoes waiting to board our first flight!!

Denver Mountains!!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I will definitely keep up with your blog this summer.
    May God give you a most blessed summer serving Him!

    ReplyDelete